[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Rasim  
Forum » League Forums » All About American Conquest » New deathmatch mod for FB
New deathmatch mod for FB
GarnierDate: Sunday, 13.03.2011, 17:26:01 | Message # 1
Clan - [HWK]™
Group: Users
Hi, I've just released a new mod for Fight Back, I think you all might like it because you play deathmatch rts games. It does things no other mods can do, read the description below to see.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.bts.philipmcg.com/updater/bts.zip

To install, make a copy of your American Conquest - Fight Back folder, and extract the files from the zip into it. Then run ByTheSword.exe.

The whole mod is about 5MB currently. It updates itself so when I make a new version, everyone gets it next time they play.

This is the original thread, it has descriptions of all the units and it's where I post changes:
http://www.mastersofthefield.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2349

I had the idea to make a fun deathmatch game out of FB. The gameplay should be flexible rather than formulaic like normal FB or Cossacks deathmatch games are (you know, how you have a certain plan that you use every single time that barely changes). Rather than the winner being the one with the better formula or who clicked faster on the same formula, you can only win by reacting properly to what the enemy does, and by using your units right in battle.

The main influence on this is Company of Heroes, my favorite game of all time. Obviously the mod is not World War II, but the way you gain resources, get units, and fight for objectives is like CoH.

These are the three main points about the gameplay that distinguish it from ACFB deathmatch:

1. Instead of spending time building up a base and buying upgrades to get good soldiers and THEN fighting, you want to move your troops out as soon as you can to fight over the objectives.

2. Units have an attack strength that is unique to each other unit. This gives more meaning to the tactics, instead of simple rushing everything into a melee, you have to move your units around so as to match them properly with the enemy.

3. Because the units have unique strengths against each other unit, you have choices for how to spend your money, rather than the typical GSC game method where you have a single development path that you follow every time. You can surprise the enemy by bringing on a unit he didn't expect, or save money so that when he surprises you you can quickly bring in the right unit to counter him.

Here are some of the things that are good to know:

* There are three resources, Manpower, Money and Prestige. You have a constant income of manpower, which can be increased by holding villages on the map. Money also has a low constant income, and you can also get more money by holding villages. Prestige comes from killing enemy units.
* Instead of buying troops one at a time and making formations, you buy entire formations at once. When you buy a unit, the formation appears in your town square ready to fight.
* Each side starts with a certain number of Victory Points. If the enemy has more objectives than you at any time, you slowly lose victory points. When you have 0 victory points, you lose. This way you have to go out and fight, you can't sit in your base forever and wait for the enemy to attack.
* Objectives are captured when you have a large enough force nearby and the enemy does not. There are three kinds of objectives: Victory Points, Money Villages and Manpower Villages.
* Your wood resource shows the amount of victory points each side has, the red team's is on the left and the blue team on the right. The coal resource is currently used as a clock.
* Formations cannot be created except by buying new ones, but extra troops from broken formations can be used to refill weakened formations.
* Troops heal slowly when they are in your town square, so you can send veterans home to rest for the next fight.
* Troops mostly cost manpower. Buildings cost manpower and money, and some require a small amount of prestige, so you can only get them after fighting. Mercenaries cost a lot of money and some prestige.
* Buildings on the maps can't be destroyed or garrisoned, they are there for show and for blocking. This lets us have open field battles rather than sieges every time.
* You play on custom maps, not random maps. The mod automatically installs the maps that have been made for it so far.
* At the end of the battle a report is created that you can post online.

http://www.bts.philipmcg.com/bts_screen.jpg

http://www.bts.philipmcg.com/gelnhausen.PNG

Forum » League Forums » All About American Conquest » New deathmatch mod for FB
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Fight Back League © 2010-2011